As an ideal candidate, you will have an entrepreneurial spirit, a bias towards action and a constant curiosity. You prefer to be hands on throughout the entire product process rather than handed Jira tickets. You may have experience in a studio/agency environment, and are excited to build the future version of that type of business.
This role will mainly be focused on modern JAM stack front-end applications using frameworks such as Next.js, usually deployed on Netlify and interacting with third party services via Lambda functions.
Tasks you might be doing day to day:
- Developing robust, modern and scalable applications.
- Collaborating with other team members to define and design new digital products and experiences.
- Participating in planning sessions and workshops both internal and external.
Who we're after:
- You have professional web development experience in a studio or multi-product environment.
- You have experience working with designers to execute User Interfaces with a high attention to detail.
- You have a solid working knowledge of Git as part of a multi-member team.
- You enjoy working in both small teams and individual projects.
- You'll have at least one year of professional experience.
It would be nice if:
- You have an interest in Next.js and other SSR and static frameworks.
- A working understanding of Redux and state management.
- You understand API integrations with services such as Headless Shopify.
- You have an interest in the Jamstack and the various associated API platforms.
- You have an interest in keeping on-top of what's "new" on the Internet.
What we can offer:
- A friendly and enjoyable working environment with great colleagues.
- The ability to have a real say in the direction of the company.
- 34 days annual holidays.
- A flexible working policy.
- A liberal hardware, software and conference budget.
- A competitive compensation package including salary based on experience* beginning at £35k and inclusion in company wide profit share scheme.
We recognise that in order to build for the world, the team at Neu must mirror the world's diversity. To that point, we specifically welcome applications from those who may come from demographics that are currently underrepresented in the technology industry.
If this sounds like a role you'd like to jump on, please get in contact at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*clichéd we know - but what we mean by this is that we're open to receiving applications from 1 year experience all the way to 10 year+ seniors. This wide range of experience warrants a wide range of salaries. Additionally, we are open to different working arrangements such as part time or term based schedules. For each unique case we will offer a unique, but fair, compensation package.